Tuesday 1 March 2016

Makeup Designs

 Design 1


This is my first design that I created for my character Carmilla. I designed this makeup for the duration of the film, so this is pretty much just a straight Victorian makeup to help enhance her features and make her look beautiful. The skin is pale and porcelain with flushed cheeks, full brows, dark lashes, bitten lips and a slight bit of definition in the cheekbones and crease of the eye. I really like this design, but for my assessment I would like to do something a little bit more challenging, and I don't think this conveys the character of Carmilla enough.

Design 2

To make my design more interesting I started looking at the final chapter of the book, where she is executed in her tomb. I thought about how she would look in this scene and decided that I wanted to make something a little bit shocking and over the top. By tracing the natural bone structure of the face I wanted to make the face look emaciated and ill, paired with dry chapped lips and also sweat. This would shock the viewer because it would be completely different to how beautiful she would be during the day. However when trying this design, it was hard to make it good for HD, I think this design is a little bit too theatrical.

Design 3

For my third design I started to think about how I could keep most of the characteristics of the first design and convey the character subtly. I did this by making the eyes more feline like, I will subtly wing out the outer corner of the eye, this will be a subtle nod towards the cat like form she takes at night, and also I will use a red eyeliner or eyeshadow to blend red onto the lower lash line, this will convey lack of sleep. I also want this design to have chapped lips but with red bitten lips over the top, to show the thirst she has for blood.

To help me get the best idea of how I want my character to look I will try these designs out on a model, and then will choose the makeup that will be most suitable for my assessment.




No comments:

Post a Comment