Friday 18 March 2016

Glass Prison & Taste

Glass Prison

Glass Prison can refer to a few things. Generally it is used to describe an addiction to alcohol. However, it can also be used in the context of emotional problems. By having a mental problem that nobody can see, one feels essentially trapped in an invisible box. A 'glass prison' of such.

I have chosen glass prison to further my charachter development for Claudia as she can be seen to be caught in a glass prison for many ways, for one she is addicted to drugs and alcohol, she is also in a glass prison of her psychotic emotions and also the fact that she is stuck in the hotel, she can see passers by outside the hotel but cannot go out as she is a ghost. Because no one can see the inner struggles that she is going through I think this word perfectly describes her.


Taste

The sensation of flavour perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with a substance.

The ability to discern what is of good quality or of a high aesthetic standard.

I have chosen taste for the further development of my character the Countess because like glass prison I think this word can be interpreted for my character in different ways. the first way is because of my characters thirst for blood, her taste of the highlife that she isnt willing to give up and also because of her strong and ever changing taste in fashion and art. I will represent this through my characters makeup and styling. Her taste is very particular in  all aspects of these as she is very picky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment