Thursday 10 March 2016

Changing the White Balance on Continuity Images

The main thing that I feel I need to change for my continuity images is the white balance on the images, I feel like the makeup in both of my assessments is pretty similar, but because the lighting is off it is hard to tell if I have actually kept the continuity for my assessment as all the tones are off.

I did this by opening up the images on Photoshop, applying a camera raw filter and changing the white balance with the dropper tool, I clicked on the whitest part of the images to try and get a true reading of what the white balance on the images should look like.

The images on the left are the original and on the right are the ones with the white balance changed, the lighting is still not identical but is much netter than the initial photos.






I have only changed the white balance on the three images that I will be Including on my PDF, It was such a struggle to try and get the the images as close as I wanted them to be, I feel that on the second day the skin tone was a lot warmer, and It is really hard to tell if this is because of the lighting or because of the makeup application.

I can still tell that the white balance is off between these two images, but this is as close as I could have got the images without completely altering the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment