Wednesday 9 March 2016

Breif 1 Evaluation

Overall I don't think I have really identified with this brief as much as I could have, the aspects of this brief that I did enjoy was reading the novel and building characters through evaluation of quotes, however I do feel very restricted when working to a brief that has to be accurate to a period, this really narrowed down what I could do for this design and I found it hard to get motivated and inspired when creating my character, I was really pleased when choosing my novel as I could get away with not using special effects to create this character, as this is something that I do not enjoy doing. However I have learnt some techniques that I think will be invaluable for me I really enjoyed the hair in this unit, as it helped me create elaborate hairstyles that I never thought I was capable of creating. I found the continuity aspect of this unit really challenging, but it showed me how much I can improve from repeating a design, most of the techniques I was using were becoming pretty much second nature to me.

I am really, really excited to start the new brief because I feel like I will be able to get a lot more artistic freedom when creating this. It is also a lot more relevant to what I would like to be doing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment