Monday 7 March 2016

Hair Trials

To give me a better understanding of how I wanted to do the hair for my character I experimented by using different designs and techniques to see what looked best and what would work best for my character.

This fist image on the left is the 3rd hair design I did. I am not happy with the outcome of this, I don't think it looks very
Victorian and was also hard to make it look neat.

I decided to go with my first hair design, and to do this I found the best way would be to part the hair into sections and plait them, then run over them with the hair straighteners, this will give me the wave that I want for the hair, I have took inspiration for this from portraiture of women in the Victorian times. This set of 3 images below show how I plaited the hair, I first thought that it would be best to section into 4 and then split these into half to create the wave, but when doing this on my Katie head this didn't give me enough definition, so I have pictured the plaits as larger.

To finalise my design I tried out my design on a person to see how it would look on the day. I found that to make the plaits bigger I needed to section the hair into 6 equal vertical sections. I then made sure the hair is in a centre parting and brushed the hair back off the face in a sort  of S shape. I did this because this incorporates the late Victorian style whilst still having the majority loose.


No comments:

Post a Comment