Thursday 3 March 2016

Hair Designs


These are the 4 hair designs that I have created for my Character Carmilla, throughout the book there is a large emphasis to her having dark hair that is worn down, this is a very provocative way to wear hair and would not be seen out of the bedroom, so I have created hairstyles that are mainly down to emphasise this trait in my character. All of my hairstyles have designed to be late Victorian.

Design 1 - My first design is created by putting the hair into braids, and going over them with a straightening iron, when took out it would be parted in the centre and pulled back and pinned, with the rest loose. This is the design which I would like to try out most on my character because I feel like is the most undone style, whilst still looking like a late Victorian style.

Design 2 - My second design was an elaboration on the first design, the hair would be set with rollers in the front, the back would be made into a bun, with the bottom down and curled into ringlets, the front of the hair would be sectioned into a middle parting and pinned around the bun. After designing this hairstyle I feel like it is too elaborate for my character.

Design 3 - For this design I focused on creating more detail in the back, the back of the hair will be pulled back into a ponytail, twisted to about half way up then wrapped into a bun shape. I don't think this is the best hair design I have done as I don't think it looks very Victorian.

Design 4 - My final hair design is my favourite, I looked at Victorian paintings where women had their hair down with a frizzy wave to their hair and a short fringe. This is my preferred hairstyle to do for my final assessment, but again like the last one I don't think it is suitable enough to be classed as late Victorian, I think I need something more obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment