Monday 7 March 2016

Continuity Assessment 1 Evaluation


I believe my fist assessment went pretty smoothly, I executed the design easily in the 1hr 20min time allocation without getting stressed out and rushing. I think the makeup that I created was really subtle and suitable for film, to create this subtle effect I mixed colours with moisturiser to thin it down, so it looked more like the colour was coming from within rather than just being painted on. The places I think I let myself down when doing this makeup is I don't think I did the contour strong enough, although I said before that I liked my subtlety, for this aspect I really do think it could have just been a little bit more, but I can use this to my advantage in the next assessment because this will be easier to recreate for continuity. My model also had dry lips, so before doing the makeup I should have got her to moisturise and lightly exfoliate her lips before applying the lip product as I think this is something that will bother me when re doing the makeup. I also don't think my hair is as strong as it could be, I was unable to hide the grips at the back of the hairstyle, and in the film industry this would be unsuitable unless my character was never shot from the back. Overall I think I have created a believable character that is suitable for HD, and have took notes on how to keep continuity when applying this design again.

No comments:

Post a Comment