Wednesday 9 March 2016

Continuity Assessment 2 Evaluation

My second continuity assessment went as smoothly as the first time, I found it really easy to re create the look as I knew the design really well, I found it took me much less time to finish the design, and I was cleared up and packed away before the end of the assessment, this was a really good learning curve for me because it shows that the more familiar I become with applying the makeup the quicker I will get at applying it.

When doing my second assessment I stuck my face chart, hair design and continuity notes to the mirror and also 4 images showing the front, back and side views of my character, this really helped having a visual reference to look at when re applying the makeup.

Overall I think I did a good job keeping continuity for my makeup, when applying it I found things coming back to me like which brush to use and also what quantities I had to mix together to create the desired look, but it was really helpful to be able to refer back to notes to make sure it was as close as possible. I think I did a really good job keeping the colours the right shades and also the same vibrancies, this was the part I was worried about as I was mixing the colours with moisturiser to thin them down, so it could have been easy to botch up the ratios. When doing this design I think my hair was the part that would have given the continuity away the most, this could have been because of external factors as during the assessments I used different brands of hair straighteners, and during the second assessment the hair straighteners were definitely better and I got a deeper wave to the hair, this is something I should have took into consideration when applying my design. I think the main aspect of my design that let me down was definitely the hair, I think I should have done something more elaborate, and also because I couldn't hide the pins I feel like it looks sloppy and I am really unhappy with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment