Thursday 10 March 2016

Light Scars Using Moulds.

Products
  • Pre-made gelatine piece
  • Supracolour
  • Wound filler
  • Prosade
  • Translucent Powder
  • Witch Hazel
  • Cotton buds
  • Pro Clean remover.

Procedure
  • Cut the piece down so to remove any of the thick hard edges and excess gelatine.
  • Apply prosade to the area that the piece is going to be applied and also to the back of the piece.
  • Allow glue to go clear and tacky an apply piece making sure there is no air bubbles.
  • Blend the edges with a cotton bud dipped in witch hazel.
  • Powder the gelatine.
  • Colour the piece, mixing colour with alcohol or moisturiser to thin it down.
  • Remove with pro clean.
Health and Safety
  • Make sure the model is comfortable with having gelatine used on them.
  • Use in an open space.
  • Make sure the model does a patch test for prosade.
Evaluation

These two images show the gelatine piece applied and also after it had been took off. I am really disappointed with how this went because I believe it could have looked a lot better, I only managed to blend away one side as the others were too thick and I also think my colouring is poor, as when I was applying the colour it was sliding straight off the gelatine. To improve this in the future I think I would have tried melting down the edges of the gelatine to make it thinner before applying it to the model then blend it with witch hazel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment