Tuesday 1 March 2016

Makeup Trials

To get a better idea of what makeup I want to do for my final makeup I tested out my different makeup designs to see what looks best and also to test what techniques will want to use.

 This was my first idea for a makeup design, this was simply a Victorian makeup, and is meant to be pretty straight, with a porcelain base, rosy cheeks, slight definition round the eyes and full brows. To get the blush and lips to look more natural I used the red in the Supracolour palette and blended this into the skin using my fingers, this makes it look more like a flush rather than a blush application. Overall I don't mind this makeup application, the lighting in the kitchen is awful so its hard to get a good view of what the makeup looked like in the flesh, however I think the base needs to be lighter and more flawless. At the moment I feel it looks too patchy and dry, so before applying this I need to make sure the skin is very moisturised, and maybe use a satin primer rather than the matte one. To finish I also think it would be good if I used some Vaseline on the lips or mixed the Supracolour with Vaseline to make the lip colour look more natural.
 
For this second trial I started to play about with contouring to make the face look more structured, I applied this over the previous makeup so the base was too dry and it did not blend very well, as you can see the line from the cheek to the jaw, although this isn't so obvious on an iPhone camera, this would be very visible on a HD camera.














After taking my criticism for the last makeup into consideration, I took all the base makeup off and applied a liberal amount of moisturiser, then applied the base, this time a lot thicker than before, I still think that the foundation still isn't light enough so when I do it again I will probably mix in some white skin base. I then contoured the face with a dark foundation from the Kryolan palette (the darkest one) and mixed this with moisturiser to thin it down, I applied this to the cheeks, under the eyes, and onto the for head and blended thoroughly, The light in my kitchen along with the iPhone quality camera doesn't pick it up because it is very subtle but it will show up on HD camera. I then applied the blush with a stippling brush mixed with moisturiser, this made it even more natural than the first application which I really liked so I will use this technique in my final makeup application, I used the same on the lips. In this makeup I applied eyelash glue to the lips to create a dry lip effect but I feel like this is neither here nor there and I think the makeup could do without it so I will not use this in my final design, instead I will simply apply Vaseline over the top to give it a shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment