Thursday 10 March 2016

Horror in Fashion - Alexander McQueen A/W 2009

As an introduction to the new unit we played about in class creating makeups from runway shows that were inspired by horror. I chose to try and create a look from Alexander McQueens A/W 2009 show this was his controversial Horn of Plenty collection, which included a set littered with stylized trash and fabrics that were meant to look like garbage bags, the models had white washed faces, exaggerated lacquered lips and headpieces made from all sorts of trash.
These images are my recreation of of the look above, I chose this design because I thought that creating the perfect circle would be really challenging to do. I created this look by applying a light coverage of a foundation that was a few shades lighter than my models skin tone and contoured with a shade that was slightly darker, lightly applied some shadow to the crease reaching up towards the temples, and blocked the brows with foundation. Doing the lip line was even more challenging than I thought it would be, and my application ended up being slightly wonky and not as circular as I wanted it to be, I also think it would benefit from being extended more at the sides of the mouth, my design looks to pouty. I really enjoyed doing this look and think if I recreated it I would either use a stencil or draw an outline with a white pencil to get a precise shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment