Friday 15 April 2016

Mrs. Laderman Hair Designs

When designing the hair for Mrs. Laderman I wanted to make sure that her look was sleek and polished, this is because she is a woman of power so she has the time to look after herself and keep her hair groomed and polished. This in a way is how I will show her status of power as she has the time to make an effort with herself and look glamorous, however most of the styles I have created are very soft, which I will contrast with harsh makeup.

These are some of the images that have inspired me visually when creating my hair designs, I want the hair that I create to reflect the shine and smoothness of the hair. I think they are all very glamorous and high fashion so they will be perfect for my character. All images are from Runway shows and one from a magazine editorial.

Design 1

The first hairstyle that I have created for Mrs. Laderman is a sleek low ponytail with a triangle parting down the centre of the hair, this will create the look of a widows peak and will be quite geometric and modern. 

To create this I will straighten all the hair and use gel so you can see the comb marks in the hair. 

As this is a more modern hairstyle I would be designing this for if she was at a fashion show and would pair it with quite elaborate high fashion makeup.




Design 2

The second hairstyle I have created is inspired by 1930s icons, I will be creating a sleek fingerwaved hairstyle. 

To create this I will make sure the hair is sleek and free of flyaways, and then use straighteners to create a fingerwaved effect, then set it with clips and hairspray.

This will be a really polished look that will be very soft and will contrast the harshness of the makeup.

If I was pairing this hairstyle with a more elaborate editorial design I would apply gold leaf or a strip of metallic colour down the parting.


Design 3

The final design is a sleek chignon hairstyle. This design is similar to the previous two as it is sleek and feminine, but this one is very classic but modern at the same time. 

To create this I would wither use all of my models own hair or use a hair net filled with padding and smooth the hair over it so it was neat and sleek. 


No comments:

Post a Comment