Tuesday 19 April 2016

Hair Trials

Claudia 

One of my first designs for Claudia was to scalp braid the hair all round the head and then mess up the back of the hair with backcomb and glycerine. 

As a practice I scalp braided three sections of the hair as this is a technique that I have never used before. after experimenting with this I realised it isnt appropriate for my character Claudia as it doesn't really fit in with the 90's grunge style/ heroin chic look that I am trying to achieve.


 After trying out this design this is the style that I think will be most appropriate for my character, I have created this by parting the hair in a zig zag style so it is messy, then spraying it with water and glycerine to make it look matted and unkept and slightly backcombed it to add texture. This look will go perfect with my models hair because she has dark brown hair that is slightly wavy and also fits the unkept image of my character.

Mrs. Laderman


This is the modern sleek ponytail with triangle parting, all though I really like this hairstyle, I found it really difficult to get the definition that it needed. And on reflection I think it is far too modern for my character and lacks the glamorous impact I am after. 




This is my first attempt of fingerwaves, I created this by combing damp hair with my comb and using my finger I would clamp the hair down with grips. I then left it to set and dry after hair spraying it. I think this was quite successful for my first attempt, however I think it is far too 1920's and I am going for a more sleek 1930's vibe. When I am doing my design I think it would be best to curl the hair and let it set then manipulate the waves I have made with clips to get more of a 1930's look.

No comments:

Post a Comment