Friday 8 April 2016

Messy/ Curly Bunches

For our last technical hair session we were shown how to create messy/ curly bunches inspired by this picture off pintrest. 

You Will Need...

  • Curlers
  • Hair ties
  • Hair pins
  • Tail comb

Procedure...

  • Part hair down the middle
  • This can be straight or like a zig zag, zig zag parts are created by doing a zig zag motion a long the scalp when parting the hair.
  • Place the bunches as high or low on the head as you like.
  • Curl the sections of hair when in the hair ties.
  • Backcomb thoroughly. 
  • Pin the hair to the head to create the messy bun effect.
I am quite pleased with the outcome of this technical, it is a simple and effective hairstyle and I have learnt how to create a zig zag parting which is something that I will think about using when creating my character Claudia. The one thing I think I could improve on is getting the definition in the curls for the bunches, as this looks more like a messy bun than defined curls, however this would be more easily achieved on a person as the Katie head doesn't have much hair to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment