Friday 15 April 2016

Claudia Hair Designs

Claudia Hair Designs

When designing the hair for Claudia I needed to make sure that her hair was unkept and matted, this fits in with the fact that she is an addict as her appearance wouldn't be very polished. The way I will show this is by incorporating trends of the 1990's and making them look distressed to mach my character.


These are the images that I have been inspired by when designing the hair for Claudia, I have looked at classic 90's styles and have found ways to make them look more distressed and grungy.

Design 1

For my first design I have created a messy hairstyle with a zig zag parting. To create this i will part the hair in a zig zag style and will distress the hair with backcombing, water and glycerine to make it look greasy and wet. 

This is the design that I am going to use on my character as I feel like it provides a subtle nod towards the 1990's without being too obvious or in your face.

Design 2

For the second design I have created a simpler messy style, the hair will be longer and slightly more wavy and more of the classic 90's grunge look. It will be parted down the middle and will hang loose around the face.

Again with this hairstyle I will be spraying water and glycerine in the hair to make it look limp and sweaty.

The reason I have  not chose this hair is because I think it is too simple for my character and also is not suitable for my model who has just cut her hair into a long bob style.




Design 3

For my third design I tried to go a little different, the whole front of the hair would be cornrowed, I have got inspiration for this from the 90's trend of wearing butterfly clips in the hair. The back of the hair will then be matted and messy.

All though I do really like this hair, I have decided against using it for my character as I do not feel like it suits her appearance, it is edging more over into 90's hip hop rather than grunge and will look far too done which will not compliment my characters appearance.





No comments:

Post a Comment