Friday 15 April 2016

Claudia Face Charts

Claudia Face Charts

For my Claudia designs I have tried to show the era that she died in (90's) and also visible signs of her addiction through makeup, the best way that I could do this was by using glycerine to make the skin look waxy and dead, track marks and also by creating slept in, grungy makeup looks that are heavily influenced by the 1990's.



These are the images that have inspired me when designing makeup for Claudia, I have focused on dark smoked out eyes and pale skin, for that heroin chic look.

Design 1



















 The first design I have created is a more natural look, the skin will be heavily contoured around the temples and cheekbones and there will be shading around the eyes to make the model look tired and emaciated, the skin will have glycerine over it to make it look waxy. For the eyes black mascara will be liberally applied to create a clogged look and the lips will be dark brown and messily applied. I have also included track marks on the neck for this design. This look has been heavily inspired by the 90's no makeup/ neutral makeup look. I have decided against this makeup look as I feel that I want the makeup to be more grungy to give a better impact on the viewers.

Design 2


The second look that I have created includes  a matte base, and matte brown shadows on the eye and a lighter matte brown lip. The liner will be smudged around the eyes to create a messier look. I have not gone for this makeup design as I feel it lacks character effect and will be too pretty for my character.

Design 3


The final makeup design is the one that I will be applying to my model. Like the first design I have contoured the skin to make it look emaciated and ill and I will be covering the skin in glycerine to make it look waxxy. For the eyes I will be using a creme base and will blend it out with my fingers, to darken it I will be applying a blue/brown shadow all over the lid and loads of black eyeliner under the eyes to messily smoke them out. I will be applying brown mascara to the eyebrows and eyelashes. For the lips I will be brushing a blue eyeshadow all over them and then applying gloss to make them look like they are lacking oxygen. I think this is the most appropriate look for my character as I feel it is the best way I can incorporate character effects without using special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment