Tuesday 23 February 2016

Continuity Practice

As a first attempt at continuity I helped out one of the photography students on a photoshoot, her theme was film noir and I was required to create a dramatic smokey look with a bold lip. For her shoot she had to shoot once, get feedback and then shoot again so I thought this would be a good time to practice continuity.


These are the two images from the shoot, the left picture being the first attempt and the right the second. During the first shoot all the makeup bays were taken so I had to do the makeup under the studio lights so you cant see the makeup as clearly. The makeups I think are very similar, but I do think that the second attempt looks a lot more polished, the shape of the smokey eye is a lot more sleek, and so is the hair and the eyebrows. I also see that the lipsticks arent exactly the same colour. I found that it was really hard to keep continuity between these two images, and this was definitely challenging to do with only a picture for a reference. This has taught me that I need to write notes to help me.

Overall I am really pleased with the second makeup, the contour doesn't look muddy and I think the shape of the eye that I have created is really effective. However I think the hair could be slicked back a little bit better. I really found it fun working with a photographer and it is definately something I need to do more in order to build up contacts and also images for my portfolio, this is the first one I had done and I was really anxious about if I had done the makeup right and if they would like it or not, but after doing it I realised how laid back it is and the girl I worked with was really appreciative of my work, this put me at ease and has made me excited to get involved with more projects.

Final images from Shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment