Monday 8 February 2016

Cuts, Scars and The Perfect Black Eye (Technical)

Products
  • Cine-wax or moulding wax.
  • Latex
  • Sealer
  • Black stipple sponges.
  • Wound filler.
  • Cuts wheel and Bruise wheel.
  • Supracolour palette.
  • Non flexible collidon.
  • Puss
  • Tuplast
  • Vaseline
  • Barrier Cream
  • Hair dryer.
  • Palette and palette knife.
  • Acetone.
  • Brushes
Procedure (CUT WAX)
  • Warm up wax on back of the hand.
  • Apply to skin and blend away the edges with palette knife, use moisturiser to make this easier.
  • Create cut/ incision in the wax.
  • Cover with latex or sealer to keep this in place.
  • Dry with cool hairdryer.
  • Stipple on colour, thin this down with alcohol or moisturiser to create a wash.
  • Fill the cut with wound filler and blood.
  • Use a stipple sponge or pin to create grazes.
Procedure (SCAR)
  •  Use barrier cream
  • Apply collidon or tuplast to the skin
  • hold skin in the scar formation whilst it dries.
Procedure (BLACK EYE)
  • Always work from reference material
  • Usually heavier in corner and then blend it out
  • Mix the colours with moisturiser to make a thinner colour.
  • Apply slowly and build it up.
  • Add Vaseline on top to make it shiny.
**Health and Safety**
  • Make sure you do a patch test when using latex.
  • Make sure you are working in a well ventilated room.
  • When applying products near eye make sure the eyes are closed and remain closed until the application is finished.
  • Cover the models clothing.
  • Don't use alcohol near the eye.
Reflection - Black Eye

really struggled creating my black eye, I worked from a reference picture but I found it hard to find one that I liked, after deciding on one I went in with my supracolour palette and mixed this with moisturiser to thin it down,  this was really hard to work with as I didn’t  thin it down enough, and the product slid around the face, on reflection my black eye looks more like a smudge of colour than a black eye, and 
this would not be suitable for HD. 



Reflection - Cuts (Using Wax) 


This cut I have created using wax is probably one of my most successful technical lessons I've had, I really enjoyed sculpting the wax to make it blend into the skin, however on reflection I have realised that it isn't as seamless as I thought, It could do with a lot more blending round the edges and I could have possibly used a sharper tool like a metal spatula to help blend it easier. I found it really difficult to colour as I found that when applying the colour bits of the latex came up which I had used to seal the wax onto the skin so this was really frustrating. I also think I could of benefited from a bit more colouring around the wound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment