Sunday 14 February 2016

Late Victorian Hairstyling (Technical)

Products
  • Hot rollers
  • Comb
  • Pins
  • Hairspray
  • Small curling iron.
Procedure
  • Start by putting rollers in the front of the hair, as seen as in the pictures below.
  • Take the back of the hair and create rolls or buns (I created two rolls and a twist.)
  • Curl the remaining hair.
  • Take out the rollers and pin them back creating a pretty wave.
  • Let the curls hang out of the style and make it elaborate.
  • Take the curls at the bottom and pin them up into the style.
  • Spray hairspray to finish.
Inspiration

 
This is my first attempt at a late Victoria hairstyle, I was really lucky when creating this as my model had lovely long hair tow work with, however I think that I made my style too symmetrical which ruined the effect of the overall hairstyle, I would like to add some extra hair to the back and curl it and let it hang down the back as this would make the style look a lot more elaborate. One of the main criticisms I have for my hairstyle is that I believe it looks too contemporary, so I would like too re-create this hairstyle again to make it look more accurate to the period.

No comments:

Post a Comment