Sunday 14 February 2016

Gelatine Burns

Products
  • Supracolour palette
  • Powder
  • Brushes
  • Gelatine
  • Hairdryer
  • Witch Hazel
  • Moisturiser
Procedure
  • Melt a nugget of gelatine in the microwave, this usually takes about 20 seconds, check every once in a while to make sure it does not boil.
  • Can colour the gelatine at this stage if you need too.
  • Test the gelatine on yourself before applying it to the model to make sure it isn't too hot.
  • Apply the gelatine and blend away the edges, this works best using a metal palette knife.
  • Create holes in the gelatine and texture.
  • Set with a cool hairdryer.
  • Get a baby bud and witch hazel and blend away the edges.
  • Dab powder onto the gelatine with a powder puff.
  • Use Supracolour to colour and mix it with moisturiser to get a sheer effect.

Health and Safety
  • Always cover model over.
  • Test gelatine on yourself before the model to make sure it is not too hot.


For my gelatine burns I decided to try and make blisters, I am moderately happy with the result, although the blisters aren't quite the right shape, the could have been a lot smoother as this would make them look more realistic, I also feel like it would look a lot better if I applied a deeper red around the blisters this would give them more dimension. However I think the colouring of the red looks like irritated skin rather than just painted on so it would be good for HD. I created this burn as like a scald burn from hot liquids falling onto the hand, I am pleased with this as a first attempt but I do believe it could be a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment