Saturday 27 February 2016

Sweat, Fever, Pallor and Tears (Technical File)

Products
  • Supracolour
  • Latex
  • Moisturiser
  • Blood
  • Glycerine
  • Bruise Wheel
  • Alcohol
  • Stipple Sponge
  • Palette knife

Health and Safety

  • Always patch test the model before using liquid latex
  • Make sure to use liquid latex in a well ventilated room
  • Keep eyes closed when applying latex to the face.
  • Keep glycerine away from the eyes
  • Make sure the model is covered over at all times.

Procedure (Fever)
  • Using Supracolour palette mix some of the red shades with moisturiser to thin them out.
  • Layer the shades to build up a rash like appearance.
  • Could mix the colours with alcohol and flick onto the skin with a large artists brush. (When doing this always make sure that the models eyes are closed)


Procedure (Sweat)
  • Apply the glycerine to the face with a stipple sponge.
  • Stipple product onto the parts of the face that you usually perspire (fore head, nose, upper lip.)
  • Spray water into the hairline to add to the effect.

Procedure (Chapped Lips)
  • Get the model to pucker their lips and apply a layer of latex whilst they are puckered.
  • Allow to dry and apply more if needed.
  • Use fingers or a small pin carefully to peel bits away to create a further chapped look.
  • Powder so the lips don't stick together.

Reflection - Sweat, Pallour and Fever

I am not too pleased with how this makeup went, I feel like for the fever part the areas of the face could be a lot better positioned, the red on the face to me looks a lot more like sunburn rather than fever, to achieve this I would need to use more moisturiser to sheer down the red, and also not to apply it as liberally, I could also use IPA to sheer down the red but I would have to make sure my models eyes were shut before doing this. I really enjoyed applying the glycerine to the face, however the way I have done it I believe looks a little bit too theatrical, if I was to do this again I need to stand behind  my model and apply this and whilst doing this keep looking in the mirror, this is because you can see a clear line where I went across and applied it. I could have also used a lighter hand when applying.  The part I think went the best was pallour, as I sheered down white supracolour with moisturiser and applied it to the face and this gave me the sheer gaunt look I was after. 

Reflection - Tears

I dripped some glycerine from the eye to make it look like tears but again this was far too theatrical, It would look good for fashion makeup but not for TV/ Film, on reflection it would be a lot better to use a tear stick, as actual tears would be a lot better, and the eye would get slightly red and irritated.


Reflection - Chapped lips
I also really struggled with creating chapped lips because I did not have a utensil to pick up the latex to get the flaps of skin, instead when I rubbed it I got holes that looked unnatural, I also tried to colour with a little bit of supracolour and blood, but I could not make it look realistic. If I was to do these chapped lips again I would deffinately think about building up the layers before I started distressing the latex.

No comments:

Post a Comment