Monday 29 February 2016

Carmilla Makeup Inspiration

 
 
I have gathered these images to get a visual idea of my inspiration for creating my character Carmilla. the portrait that you can see in this collage is the makeup that I want to create, this will include porcelain skin, as one she is a vampire, and also she is from an upper class background so she would not be outside working (lower class people would have to work outside for money and their skin would get tanned in the process.) There will be slight definition round the eyes, and will be lightly smoked out on the lower lash line because I think this makes the character look sinister and will be a slight nod towards her evil side. I also want to use a tiny bit of eyeliner on the corner of the eyes to make them cat like, this is a reference to the feline form that she takes at night. The brows will be filled but will be kept natural and the eyelashes will be dark to emphasise her dark features. I also want her to have rouged cheeks, but this will be unnaturally applied to the apples of the cheeks. I also want the lips to be red, but more like a stain so it looks like it was applied with a vegetable dye like they would have during these times. I would also like to experiment with applying glycerine to the face to create sweat and also by creating dry chapped lips to add to the character, I have chosen to do this because it will be a contrast to her beautiful self that you see throughout the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment