Monday 29 February 2016

Dirt and Dirty Teeth (Technical File)

Products
  • Tooth Enamel
  • Fullers Earth
  • Hair dryer
  • Aqua Colour
  • Surgical Spirit
  • Kryolan Colour Hairspray
Health and Safety
  • Make sure your model doesn't breathe when spraying the colour onto face.
  • Make sure all your brushes and products are clean.
  • Make sure the model is covered over at all times.
  • Tip out products to avoid cross contamination.
Procedure (Fullers Earth)
  • Make sure the skin is moisturised
  • Mix the fullers earth with water and make it as thick or thin consistency as you need.
  • Can scrape aqua colour in at this time to make it a different colour.
  • Apply to the area with your hand.
  • Dry with a warm hairdryer.
  • Use coloured hairsprays to build up colour.



Procedure (Tooth Enamel)
  • Shake the bottle of enamel and pour out onto a palette.
  • Wipe down the surface of the tooth which you want to work on.
  • Apply the enamel to the tooth with a baby bud.
  • Wait for the enamel to dry before letting the model close their mouth.
  • To remove get some surgical spirit on a baby bud and wipe away the enamel.



Procedure (Dirtying Down)
  • To dirty down mix up different browns and rub these into the hands or face.
  • If you need the Supracolour to be thinner mix with alcohol or moisturiser.
  • Make sure to apply under the nails as this is a place that always gets dirty.


Reflection

I have never worked with tooth enamel and fullers earth before so this lesson was really interesting for me. I have touched on dirtying down so I skimmed over this but, as you can see from the picture I have rushed this part of the makeup so it isn't as strong as I want it to be, I could have spent a little bit more time and applied the colour into the creases of the knuckles and also under and around the nail and it would look a lot better.

I am quite pleased with the application of the tooth enamel, however I don't really like just the black as I think this looks a bit theatrical, this is good for blocking out the teeth to look like they are missing, I think the mix of the tobacco and black looks most realistic. If I was to do this again I would use a small brush to get into the cracks of the teeth as this is where most of the dirt that would collect on the teeth if they decayed.

I'm not too sure about my application of fullers earth, when using the coloured hairsprays to make it look like dirt I think it made it look false and I don't think it would be suitable for HD, I think next time I use it I would scrape aqua colour into the mix. I had some problems with this fullers earth too as when the model used her hand the earth would crack more and flake off, so I don't think this would be very good for film when someone is moving about. I really did like the patterns that the fullers earth made when it dried, and I do think this is something I would want to have in my kit for fashion work, as I think it is a really interesting product to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment