Monday 25 January 2016

Mood Board/ Pesentation


As a task we had to create a mood board and present it to the class about the book that we have chosen to study for this unit. This started with a brief synopsis of the book, outlining who the main characters are, our chosen character and why and finally the mood board and why we have selected the images.

My initial idea for my character was just to do a straight Victorian makeup, Carmilla is described as being beautiful so this is what I wanted to show in my makeup. However after watching all the presentations I saw that a lot of people had much more complex ideas for their character rather than just my straight makeup, so I am going to go back and research more into my book to get some more ideas.

Doing this presentation helped me to look deeper into the book, I found that the book focused a lot around nigh time, and also about nature and architecture. I found Carmilla's personality to be extremely false and sometimes borderline bipolar. So for my mood board I gathered images of gothic architecture especially during the Victorian times, Victorian mourning veils and also Victorian beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment